Permatecture professionals address complex cultural and technical aspects of climate change including:
- What Does Sustainability Look Like?
- Can We Live With A Zero Carbon Footprint?
- What Would It Take To Leave No Trace?
- Do We Have The Will To Make Necessary Changes?
Permatecture professionals seek to tie disparate bits and pieces into a cohesive model.
If a problem can be understood simply, creative solutions are possible." - kg
Such a model can be used to increase understanding and inform design decisions. Complexity is managed by deconstructing and reducing the whole into discrete modules. Understanding relations between modules informs novel design assumptions. Novel design assumptions in turn lead to better outcomes.
Professional Directory and Private Social Media For Professionals Only
- Share your speciality, get involved, contribute
- Find like-minded experts
- Private Social Media free signup for professionals, this site is not for advertising or promotion.
- Fish fertilize the hydroponics, hydroponics clean the water for the fish
- Start small, plan for growth
- Use simple tech to monitor system state
- Slow the water down with french drains
- Set drain tiles to move the water
- Terrace the land for shade trees and bird friendly shrubs
- Store the water
- Tucson Rainwater Harvesting Case Study
Solar Electric Standards
- NFPA 70 - National Electrical Code (NEC)
- IEEE 1547 - Standard for Interconnecting Distributed Resources with Electric Power Systems
- IEEE 1547.1 - Standard for Conformance Test Procedures...
- IEEE 519 - Recommended Practices and Requirements for Harmonic Control in Electrical Power Systems
- ANSI C84.1- Electric Power Systems and Equipment-Voltage Ratings (60Hz)
- UL 1741-SA + Rule 21 - Inverters, Converters, Controllers and Interconnection System Equipment...
- Note the Mar2020 DIGR Guide Excerpts requirement for 'Adanced Inverters'
Off Grid Solar
- Buy used, think carefully about long term lease arrangements of any kind. Run the numbers based on the almost vertical descending cost per watt.
- Consider an electric auto as part of your ROI cost analysis, you might be suprised at the savings.
On Grid Solar
- TEPC Electrical Service Requirements (ESR)
- TEPC Mar2020 DIGR Guidlines - Full document
- DIGR Guide Excerpts - My design bits are linked to this post
- TEPC SR-702 - Interconnect document
Open Source Tech
- Permatecture Arduino Sensor Suite
- Rock Pi4
- Open Energy Monitor
- Open BMS Project - Open source Battery Management System ( alpha quality )
- MQTT (MQ Telemetry Transport or Message Queuing Telemetry Transport) is an open OASIS and ISO standard (ISO/IEC 20922) lightweight, publish-subscribe network protocol that transports messages between devices.
- Slalom Python Optimizer - Guide
- SolarPV-DER Simulator Utility - Python codebase
Watch for announcements. This project is in development.